Ordnance Survey – Points of Interest
Points of Interest® is the most comprehensive, location-based directory of all public and privately-owned businesses, education and leisure services in Britain.
What Can I Do With This Data?
- Points of Interest contains over four million records, sourced and quality-checked from more than 100 leading listing suppliers. It’s updated more than four times a year, so you’ll always be working with current information.
- You can tailor your order to just what you need – and our tiered classifications make it easy to narrow down your choices. So if you only want to know about businesses in Wigan or banks in Kent, we’re here to help.
- For the public sector, Points of Interest lets you identify gaps in services and analyse changes in city centre retail space over time. This helps you maintain a quality environment for your residents, shoppers and visitors.
- Take your analysis beyond the address -Points of Interest can help to identify places by their use and function as well as by their postal address or location. Each record also contains a telephone number, web address and brand, where appropriate
- More than 45% of Points of Interest records are businesses. It shows the organisation and activity at commercial addresses in Great Britain, and includes the brand, phone number and web URL of major businesses.
- Thanks to its detailed company classifications linked to addresses, you can conduct detailed competitor and site analysis for the potential location of your next high street outlet.
Key Features of this Product:
- Format: Text
- Theme: Accommodation; eating and drinking; commercial services; attractions; sport and entertainment; education and health; public infrastructure; manufacturing and production; retail; transport.
- Data structure: Points
- 3-tier hierarchy (9 groups, 52 categories and 616 classes)
- Attributes: Unique reference number, feature name, classification code, geo-code, positional accuracy code, topographic reference, road network reference, distance to nearest road, postal address detail, telephone number, web URL, brand, provenance.
- Update frequency: Quarterly – March, June, September and December (full re-supply).
- Supply: DVD.
- Total feature count: More than four million
- Coverage: Great Britain – pre-defined areas are available, or you can define your own area of interest.