Ordnance Survey – OS MasterMap Topography Layer
OS MasterMap Topography Layer® is the most detailed and accurate view of Great Britain’s landscape – from roads to fields, to buildings and trees, fences, paths and more.
What Can I Do With This Data?
- In a business of any kind, a Topography map layer gives you the confidence to make location-based decisions about assets, services, environmental risks, customers and operations. Understand the landscape and explain the accurate ‘where’ of things.
- It helps you carry out effective scenario planning, improve resilience, manage public events and support security operations.
- Topography map layer gives you access to the most detailed, current and comprehensive dataset of Great Britain. It offers an accurate visual context to help you interpret addresses, routes and imagery provided by other layers.
- Topography map layer is ideal for geo-tagging your assets, thanks to the topographic identifier (TOID®) at the heart of OS MasterMap products. This makes it ideal for monitoring assets such as pipelines, pylons, bridges and warehouses.
- Start by using OS MasterMap Topography Layer as a definitive map for visualisation, then take advantage of advanced features later. With this data, you’ll make better-informed decisions about customers, operations, assets and environmental risks.
- OS MasterMap Sites Layer shows you the main points of access to key sites such as schools, hospitals and train stations quickly and easily in emergency situations. You can also identify and reduce the impact of planned works or events on key sites.
Key Features of the OS MasterMap Topography Layer:
- Theme: Buildings, heritage & antiquities.
- Update frequency: Every six weeks (view release schedule) thanks to continuous and cyclic revision.
- Coverage: Great Britain (define your own area of interest or take advantage of pre-defined areas of interest).
- Format: GML 2.1.2.
Key Features of the OS MasterMap Sites Layer:
- Theme: Education, medical care, rail transport, road transport, water transport, utility, and industrial.
- Update frequency: Every six months.
- Coverage: Great Britain (order 5km2 tiles to cover your Topography Layer area of interest).
- Format: GML 3.2.1