Ordnance Survey – AddressBase
Ordnance Survey’s addressing product, AddressBase® matches 28 million Royal Mail postal address to unique property reference numbers (UPRN), bringing a geographical dimension to the matched records.
This product is far superior to any free source of Post Code data available on the web!
Using AddressBase, we have been able to fix data quality issues with our Client’s data & produce better analytics. Superior data equals superior analytics.Simon Meacher, Engaging Data – Managing Director
What Can I Do With This Data?
- Understanding the nation – Identify a property and locate it on a map with precision – using the X and Y coordinates we’ve assigned to the Royal Mail PAF® data.
- Improve data accuracy – Integrate with your systems to improve data quality at point of capture.
- Address classifications – knowing if an address is residential or commercial will reduce the costs and increase the effectiveness of the data.
Key Features of this Product:
- Format: Comma separated value (CSV) and GML 3.2.1
- Data structure: Points
- Attributes: Royal Mail postal addresses, where matched to a UPRN; coordinates for each address.
- Scale: 1:1250 to 1:10 000
- Update frequency: Every six weeks.
- Supply: DVD and FTP (for orders under 2Gb). PSMA and OSMA members can download 5km chunks.
- Coverage: Great Britain – pre-defined areas are available, or you can define your own area of interest.